[Psi-devel] Psi defaults
maciekniedzielski at wp.pl
Thu Oct 21 09:47:37 PDT 2004
> - Default action is currently 'send message'. To my knowledge, no-one
> on this planet has this setting on 'send message' :)
- The 'show self icon'. I don't know if many users have
> this set to on, but i would think this doesn't give you much benefit
> to have it in your roster by default (as all that information is in
> the account header anyway)
Arguments for showing self contact:
- This is the only way to access your cVard
- Easiest way to check your connection - chat with yourself (and it looks
cool ;-) )
- You may enjoy watching your cool nick written in katakana and your cool
roster iconset assigned only to you ;-)
- Roster doesn't look so empty for new users ;-)
- Easy to see your status message (if you have a patch for this.. but we're
planning to have this in Psi someday)
> - Group headings.
Yes, change them to small headings!
> - Disco: Auto-browse into objects and automatically get item
> information should be turned off by default
My ideas (based on first 'how do I change this?' questions of new users I
- Turn off 'always-on-top'
- Make window a toolwindow (to hide it from the taskbar)
One more thing: it's really scary when you run psi for the first time and
"thousands" of windows appear at once.
(I had install Psi while using low screen resolution - when Roster, Tip of
the day Dlg and Account Setup appeared on my small screen, I was really
xmpp:machekku at chrome.pl
More information about the Psi-devel-affinix.com