[Psi-devel] [OT] Idea: Roster garbage collector
arael at fov.pl
Fri Jan 28 06:35:04 PST 2005
This is not a feature request or anything like this. It's just an idea on
which I wish to get your opinions.
Few minutes ago, I was hunting for contacts on my roster that I didn't use for
a long time. My "Hidden" group was bloated with unused contacts. Some may say
this is only my fault and will be absolutely right, but maybe little "roster
garbage collector" would be nice feature in future.
What do you think about automated rating system working maybe like this:
- at start new roster item gets score: 20;
- every time when it starts chat his score+=3;
- every time user starts chat to this roster item its score+=10;
- every day that psi was launched each contact's score/=2;
- contacts with score lower or equal 1 would be moved to "Hidden and DeleteMe"
Of course proposed numbers are only blind shots.
The scoring could be saved at the server side with roster, right?
P.S. Sorry if this isn't appropriate place for this kind of posts.
Dawid Ciężarkiewicz | arael
jid: arael at fov.pl
More information about the Psi-devel-affinix.com