[Psi-devel] Status, status message, status messages
pmaciag at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:33:27 PDT 2005
Dnia 12-05-2005, czw o godzinie 00:16 +0200, Francisco Joaquín Rodríguez
> * 299 - Show status messages in roster (0% complete)
I'm making this currently. For time being I was using skazi's
richroster, but it's based on regexps:
- it's not user friendly - I have a more than few years in using unix
systems and _I_ know regexps quite well - but 99% of users don't know
what is it!
- it's slow - again regexp's...
- it's build outside contactview class - few things aren't working right
with this (they're slow again)
For by base status mesage showing I choosed remko's status_meessage
patch - it's fast, easy and small. But it's really ugly.... and with
default font you cannot see all status message. So for status showing -
I took part of the richroster algorithm (only for widget view - not for
usage) with QSimpleRichText.
After this I added few options - currently not working; this is what I'm
doing right now:
- easy setup font (in appearence window) for statuses in roster
- create maximums for lines and characters number for status message in
roster (I've seen status message for more than 30 screen pages....
jabber protocol let's you do this, so it is really needed!!)
Currently statuses, what is done:
- contact's name is in first line
- status message in second
- from remko's patch status showing option (on/off) works without
I think usable version (with all things I want to add) should be ready
in few days - if you or somebody want's to give it a try I'll be happy
to send here a patch.
More information about the Psi-devel-affinix.com