[Psi-devel] Fwd: [jdev] Project: Chat and LMS
halr9000 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:18:44 PDT 2005
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maroa Gikuuri <maroa.gikuuri at schoolswithoutlimits.org>
Date: May 19, 2005 3:48 PM
Subject: [jdev] Project: Chat and LMS
To: jdev at jabber.org
We are looking for a developer to create a "Teaching Services" module
for our open source LMS (ATutor or Moodle). This module needs to
integrate courses in our LMS, authorization and chat.
Here is a scenario:
1. a student is taking a course
2. the student gets to a section in the course where they want to
contact the teacher for help
3. the student clicks the "Tutor" button
4. a link (or description) of the current page the student is on in the
course is transferred to the Teaching Services module
5. based on the student's account, grant them access to the chat
6. a link (or description) of the page of the course is automatically
included with the correspondence to the teacher so the teacher knows
exactly where the student is having the problem.
7. the student requests teacher to join a chat session.
1. A teacher logs into our LMS
2. The teacher will see a blinking light indicated that a student(s)
wants to initiate a chat session.
3. the teacher can then join a chat session to communicate with
4. a link (or description) of the course page will be included in the
first message to the teacher.
5. the teacher can invite other authorized students to join the chat
If you have experience with developing such a module or have an idea of
how it could be done, we may be interested in hiring you to develop this
for us. Please respond to me at the email address below.
Maroa.gikuuri at schoolswithoutlimits.org
jdev mailing list
jdev at jabber.org
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
More information about the Psi-devel-affinix.com