[Psi-devel] Psi 0.11-beta5 released.
kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 05:19:29 PST 2007
Assorted improvements have been sent to mainline since 0.11-beta4, so
it's time for beta5. Included in this release are a better user
experience when registering accounts, overhauled SSL/TLS settings,
support for global (system-wide) shortcuts, international domain name
support, in-band registration (XEP-77) compliancy, various compliancy
fixes, support for providing custom authentication details, a merged
top/centre toolbar in the chat dialog and misc. other fixes.
I'd also like to take this moment to welcome Machekku, a long time
contributor to the project, to the core development team. Welcome.
The files are available at:
Mac OS X universal binary:
This is a beta (preview) version of Psi and is not intended to be
quality or used in production environments. Particularly, the following
issues are known (those issues which are believed to have originated in
external libraries are marked with a *):
- GnuPG is temporarily not supported. *
- Roster tooltips are a little ugly currently, more whitespace
will be added again later.
- When receiving multiline messages in a chat, sometimes some
lines will not be visible until another message is received or sent. *
- Mouse actions on tabbed chat windows have been temporarily
- This beta release includes a patched version of QCA2. Although
possible to link against another self-patched QCA2, it is
recommended to use the provided tree, which is now default when
using ./configure on unices, or by default on Windows.
New in 0.11
- Reworked account registration process (including proper support for
XEP-0077 (In-band registration))
- Finished support for XEP-0004 (Data Forms) by supporting forms in
messages. (thanks to Roelof Naude)
- Added support for JEP-0070 (Verifying HTTP Requests via XMPP).
- Customizable shortcuts (thanks to Ephraim)
- Added spell checking (thanks to Ephraim), currently only aspell
- Added option to automatically set the resource (using the hostname)
- Added new default Stellar3 iconset (thanks to Jason Kim)
- Added support for JEP-138 (Stream Compression)
- Added support for using JEP-33 (Extended Stanza Addressing) to
multicast messages to multiple users. Use option.enable-multicasting
to enable it.
- Added 'Show status message' toggle. There is a hidden option to
put status messages under the nickname (at the cost of 2 extra pixels
when no status message is shown)
- Support for Bookmark Storage (JEP-0048), where bookmarked
conferences are auto-joined. No UI is provided for creating bookmarks
- Better error messages, including error condition mappings
- Support dynamically changing priority
- Improved PGP error messages
- Hiding the deprecated protocol selector for service discovery by
default. Use option.ui.show-deprecated.service-discovery.protocol-
selector to re-enable it.
- New options system (see options.xml)
- Receiving support for vCard-Based Avatars (JEP-0153)
- Support for Multi-User-Chat (JEP-0045)
- Preliminary support for User Nickname (JEP-0172)
- Preliminary support for Roster Item Exchange (JEP-0144)
- Psi now uses the Qt4(>=4.2) and QCA2 libraries, replacing the
Qt3 and QCA1 requirements.
- "Privacy List" support in the account dialog.
- Support for JEP-0050 (Ad-hoc commands)
- Preliminary support for JEP-0163 (Personal Eventing Protocol)
- Preliminary support for JEP-0146 (Remote Controlling Clients)
- Large parts of the codebase have been restructured.
- Fixed a chat room bug where subject/topic changes were not shown.
- Mac OS X builds are now universal binaries, supporting the new
Intel based Macs.
- Support for JEP-85 (Chat State Notifications).
- Support for JEP-0115 (Entity Capabilities).
- There is now a config.xml option to make some windows use the
brushed metal theme on Mac OS X.
- Window opacity support is now present for all three supported
- Fixed Unicode URL opening bug #510
- Auto-reconnect accounts on wakeup
- Copy-pasting with emoticons now works
- Fixed issue #263 where emoticons would disappear in a reply or
- History index is rebuilt faster
- Configure toolbars merged into main preferences dialog
- Moving tooltips
- MingW32 compiler support (Coupled with the open source Qt4
Windows library this now allows completely free building of Psi on
Psi XMPP Client Project Leader (http://psi-im.org)
More information about the psi-devel